1. Click on the Create Tab to open the Create
2. Click on the Shapes Icon and choose Splines from the drop-down list.
3. Click on the Text button to indicate that you want to create text.
4. Place the cursor in any unused area of the command panel. The cursor
changes into a hand icon.
5. Click and drag the command panel up to put the Interpolation Section
at the top of the panel.
6. Click on the Interpolation Section header bar.
The bar shows a minus
sign in the left-hand part of the bar, which indicates that you can
scroll the section up, out of the way.
7. Click the down arrow to open
the drop-down list in the Parameters section so that you can see the
list of fonts.
8. Choose the desired text font.
9. Highlight the text in the Text area at the end of the sub-section so
that you can type in your own text.
10. Type in four characters or less for use in your animation
11. Type a number in the Size box to specify the size of the text.
12. Click near the center of the Front viewport to
place the center of your text.